If you’re a sales manager in the roofing industry, you know how competitive it can be. There are probably a dozen different companies vying for customers in your area—if not more.
Fortunately, the demand for your services is on the rise. Experts predict the need for residential roofing will rise 0.7% per year, reaching 164.1 million squares in 2024. You want to grab as big a piece of that pie as you can, which means investing in a roofing CRM.
In this article, we’ll explain what roofing CRM software is, how it can benefit businesses like yours, specific features to look for, and the best roofing CRMs on the market in 2023.
What’s A Roofing CRM?
A roofing CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps roofers track leads, communicate with prospects, drive revenue, and otherwise manage the roofing sales process.
There are a ton of CRMs on the market. Some are entirely free but have less-than-ideal feature sets. Others have every bell and whistle you could ever want but require a degree in rocket science to operate effectively. The best roofing CRMs fall somewhere in the middle.
We’ll talk about and review seven specific CRMs in a later section of this article. For now, just know that this kind of software will simplify the sales process, help you close more deals than ever before, and manage your reps in an effective way that inspires retention.
Let’s talk a bit more about the benefits of CRM for roofing professionals…
The Benefits Of Using A Roofing CRM
We know what you’re thinking:
“Do I really need to invest in roofing CRM software? I already have so many other expenses.” We get it. But this kind of tool will benefit your company in multiple ways.
Automate Sales And Marketing
Every company wants to be more productive. Automation is one of the easiest ways to make it a reality. Once you invest in a quality roofing CRM, your reps will be able to automatically log prospect details, pinpoint their best leads, and send personalized emails and texts.
Manage And Nurture Leads
Where are your leads in the sales pipeline? A roofing CRM will help you answer that question. When you do, your reps will know exactly which prospects to focus on. (Hint: the ones that are most likely to buy right now.) Trust us. Your close rate will explode at this point.
Encourage Team Collaboration
Internal communication is a common issue in the roofing industry. A roofing CRM will help reps talk to each other, not just their prospects. This kind of tool will also keep sales, marketing, and customer service teams on the same page. How? Everyone will have access to the same data, will be able to share notes, and can otherwise collaborate in real-time.
Promote Rep Accountability
As a sales manager, you’re constantly wondering, “What are my reps doing? Are they spending their time wisely? How close are each of them to reaching quota?” A roofing CRM will help you understand what your reps do on a daily basis by showing you individual activity logs, notes, etc. Knowing you can view their actions will keep your reps accountable.
Get Activity And Performance Insights
Is your sales strategy working? You won’t know until you look at the numbers, which you can easily access inside a roofing CRM. Always know which actions your reps take and the results achieved. Then use this information to evaluate performance and update strategies. Even better, tools like SPOTIO will allow you to generate custom reports that only include the KPIs and metrics you care about. This makes the reporting process much easier.
Roofing CRM: 7 Features To Look For
You know what a roofing CRM is and why your company needs one. Before we start comparing specific solutions, though, let’s talk about the features your CRM should have:
Do you know what your reps do on a daily basis? You should!
Choose a CRM that tracks in-person visits, phone calls made, emails and text messages sent, etc. Bonus points if the tool reports on these things via easy-to-read dashboards.
Access to this information will help you determine why underperformance occurs. Are your reps slacking? Do they need better training? Does your sales strategy need adjustment?
Sales Task Automation
Don’t let your reps get bogged down with tedious data entry tasks.
Choose a CRM that automatically logs information related to prospect interactions. If you can snag one that automates email and text message campaigns, too, you’ve found a real winner.
Remember, automation is one of the best ways to boost productivity. Don’t settle for a CRM that doesn’t include this feature. You’ll regret it in the end.
You work in the roofing industry, which means you probably manage a field sales team. Make sure the CRM you choose includes customer mapping features.
This will make it way easier for your reps to pinpoint buy-now leads, plan efficient sales routes, identify new areas to target, and otherwise manage their territories effectively.
Canvassing And Appointment Setting
Does your sales team include canvassers and closers?
Then you definitely want to make sure your roofing CRM software has canvasser-specific features. This will allow them to capture data easily, take notes, and schedule appointments.
Apps like SPOTIO take things to the next level by allowing users to then pass all of this information to closers with ease. That way, the transition doesn’t lead to lost sales.
You might manage a field sales team, but if your reps don’t use the phone, emails, and text messages to communicate with reps, too, they’re definitely behind the times.
Make sure your CRM allows for these kinds of conversations. Ideally, the tool you choose will both facilitate multi-channel communication and help you track it. That way, you can use the data the app collects to evaluate reps and coach them to greater success in the future.
Reporting And Analytics
You can’t manage a sales team without data—at least not very well.
That’s why your roofing CRM of choice needs to have a robust reporting and analytics dashboard. Preferably one that tracks key metrics like rep activity and average deal size.
If the CRM you invest in allows for customized reports, even better. This will give you complete control over the reporting process, likely leading to better tactics and more sales.
Your CRM is incredibly important. But it would be silly to think that it’s the only tool your sales team needs. That would be like asking your install crew to fix a roof with just a hammer.
With that in mind, choose a CRM that plays nice with others, i.e., integrates with the other software tools your team uses on a regular basis. Everything from email marketing to sales enablement to document management and distribution tools should count.
7 Best Roofing CRM Platforms In 2023
Best for: High-growth sales teams
G2 rating: 4.4 stars / 239 ratings
SPOTIO is the leading CRM and sales engagement platform for field sales teams. Why? Because it’s been proven to boost rep productivity by a whopping 46%. It’s also super easy to use while still including top-level features that modern sellers need.
- Generate high-quality prospects with SPOTIO Sales Intelligence. Quickly filter leads using 200+ data points to find folks who need roofing services now.
- Cut territories and map prospects/customers on desktop or mobile devices. Then color code pins on your digital maps that represent custom data points.
- Plan the most efficient routes between stops in the field. This will cut back on windshield time and boost individual and team productivity levels.
- Automatically capture data while canvassing, set appointments in the field via the SPOTIO mobile app, and easily pass information to closers when needed.
- Build and monitor multichannel communication sequences that include in-person and call reminders, as well as automated email and text sends.
- Always know what your reps are doing. View their travel histories; see who they’ve called, emailed, and texted; and track their individual sales.
- Create custom reports that only include the KPIs you care about. Save report parameters so that you can automatically generate them again in the future.
Discover how HomePro overcame rapid growth challenges and transformed their sales process with SPOTIO.
Best for: A complete roofing solution
G2 rating: 4.1 stars / 18 reviews
AccuLynx was specifically designed for roofing contractors, helping them grow their businesses with CRM, project management, and even finance tracking features. Unfortunately, some users claim the AccuLynx is difficult to use and doesn’t scale well.
- Manage leads, communicate with prospects, store documents, and send contracts with e-sign capability using the AccuLynx CRM functionality.
- Keep track of roofing jobs, gauge how each project is progressing, and collaborate with team members via an in-app messaging board.
- Run company finances with access to invoicing, payment processing, and commission tracking tools. Users can offer customers financing options, too.
Best for: Roofing companies on a budget
G2 rating: 4.4 stars / 10,088 reviews
HubSpot is one of the most popular CRM platforms in the world. One of the best things about it is the free CRM. Yes, you read that right. HubSpot offers a free, albeit limited, CRM to users. If you manage a small roofing company, it may be a good fit.
- Easily manage contacts. Either add them manually or have HubSpot pull them directly from employee inboxes and/or form submission forms.
- View your entire pipeline at a glance. See how close each prospect is to a sale. Then use this information to forecast future results and plan cash flow.
- Track various communications for each of your reps. See who they’re calling and emailing and whether those actions are generating positive results or not.
- Access sales analytics inside HubSpot, too. Build custom reports for different people—reps, company leaders, etc.—while enjoying strong data security.
Best for: Estimating roofing jobs
G2 rating: 4.8 stars / three reviews
Next up, iRoofing. As you might expect, this is another software program that was specifically designed for roofing professionals. It really excels when used as a project estimation tool, allowing users to digitally visualize and measure roofs.
- Build a customer database to track your current prospects, schedule appointments with them in the field, and manage your roofing jobs.
- Visualize roofs via the in-app roof simulator. It works with multiple manufacturers and will give you access to a huge selection of materials.
- Measure roofs in minutes. Then easily turn these measurements into accurate project estimates based on the materials your customers want and/or need.
- Streamline your process by ordering materials from your supplier inside the iRoofing app. Doing so reduces errors and increases accuracy.
Best for: Boosting profitability
G2 rating: 4.6 stars / 60 ratings.
JobNimbus is used by 4,000+ roofers to organize leads, optimize sales, manage projects, and streamline billing. It’s great for small teams looking to boost profitability.
- Organize your leads so your reps always know who to talk to and when.
- Optimize sales by sending the right messages to leads at the right times.
- Manage projects from one location. Use the “Boards” feature, i.e., digital whiteboards, to see where sales, production, and cash flow stand.
- Streamline billing processes with automated payment collection features, the ability to track past-due invoices, and a handy QuickBooks integration.
Best for Sales pipeline visualization
G2 rating: 4.2 stars / 1,619 reviews
Pipedrive is used by sales teams in a variety of industries. It’s best known for its pipeline visualization features, which make it easy to see sales processes at a glance. Users can also update deals with drag-and-drop functionality, which is handy.
- Visualize your sales process so that you always know what’s going on inside your department. Easily updated deals with the drag-and-drop interface.
- Use automation to streamline repetitive tasks, qualify new leads, schedule email sequences to send at predetermined intervals, and more.
- Allow the Pipedrive sales assistant to access your team’s past performance and send you real-time sales tips. Doing so could help you boost results.
- Generate customized sales reports to uncover fresh insights and highlight specific objectives. Track deals forecast future results, and more.
Best for: Enterprise-level operations
G2 rating: 4.3 stars / 13,597
You’ve probably heard about Salesforce—it’s the best-selling CRM of all time. It’s also one of the oldest, which means its creators have had years to add and improve features. If you go with this CRM for roofing, know that you’ll be able to do almost any customer relationship management task. But operating the tool is pretty tricky.
- Let Salesforce tell you more about your deals. Who are you competing with? What stage is the deal in? And how should you proceed? Salesforce knows.
- Limit the tedious manual processes that your reps have to do every day. Use Salesforce automation to streamline workflows and boost productivity.
- Get an accurate view of your entire pipeline. Then use this information to forecast future sales and manage cash flow effectively.
Which Roofing CRM Software Is Best For Your Business?
If you’re serious about growing your business, you need a roofing CRM. Fortunately, there are a bunch of great options available. You just have to decide which one is right for your team.
We’ll make it easy for you: give SPOTIO a try!
Our platform was specifically designed for field sales teams. As such, it has all of the features you need to connect with more leads, close more deals, and achieve more success.
But don’t just take our word for it. Sign up for a free demo of SPOTIO today. A member of our team will walk you through each feature and show you how it can be used to boost sales.